warranty admin pay

warranty admin pay

Postby caaron » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:32 pm

I was wondering what the average pay is for a warranty administrator? I realize it depends on the size and quanitity of the dealership. Does it have anything to do with the percentage on the credit memos? I was a WA at a stand alone Buick dealership in Texas for about 3 years. I am in the process of going to another small dealership to do warranty there.
caaron

warranty admin pay

Postby GMFXDOPSMGR » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:50 am

I pay my administrator a salary then bonus them on % of paid claims. I tier the bonus to encourage accurate claim submission. I review the previous memo to deduct for a rejected claim that is paid the second time around. 1 chance to get it right...do not pay on 2nd attempt.
GMFXDOPSMGR

warranty admin pay

Postby mgl » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:26 pm

Now you know where not to work...Salary or salary plus bonus is fine, just make sure ends will meet with ONLY your salary, because nothing is more true than that things continually change. And try to avoid dealers that try to rule by punishment and/or humiliation..support and recognition work so much better for the general morale. Happy employees make good CSI as if by magic.
Good luck!
mgl

warranty admin pay

Postby franks283 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:21 pm

Good one...I've been doing warranty for a long time, and many times a claim rejects for various reasons....out of warranty, etc. Anyway, from a WA point of view, if you can get 5%, cool. I've gotten as high as 6%, and that's great, but it only lasted two months. There are dealers that will pay 5%, just have to search it out. I got let go from one dealership about three months ago(cheaper WA), but you get what you pay for....if i was still at that dealer, I would be getting them at least $500 to $600 a month more.
franks283

warranty admin pay

Postby vickie » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:12 am

Unfortunately the dealer in which I work for doesn't feel this position to be important enough to pay very well. I've worked for the same dealer for 17 years as a WA and never receive any recognition. Just recently I found out what another dealer (same size same area) was paying and it's definatly time for me to move on. I'm paid hourly $12.50 no bonus all credit memo's are 96% paid. I look up all labor ops, submit and correct rejects, reconsile warranty and labor schedules (yes our labor cost has to balance at month end) post credit memo's and jv's, cashier for parts and service dept along with billing out service ro's flagging tech's and running payroll the list goes on and on. I enjoy staying busy but it annoys me to no end I'm not appreciated or paid fairly.
vickie

warranty admin pay

Postby franks283 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:03 pm

Welcome to the board Vickie....you are seriously underpaid....wow. I know it's probably comfortable where you work, you probably like the people you work with, but I'm sure down the street, you will be paid more...talk with your factory district manager, and any other people that can get you somewhere that will pay, and appreciate your talents. Bottom line, what I've learned is this. Dealers make money, and a WA should be compensated for their work. Even at $16 an hour, I think you would be underpaid, especially since you do all(cradle to grave, is the term). Post your own memos, et all. You deserve better. Get your feelers out there. There is/are dealers that will appreciate you.
franks283

warranty admin pay

Postby caaron » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:55 pm

I appreciate everyone who is replying. I was doing just about everything Vickie is doing. Answer phones, cashier, look up rejected claims,look up labor ops, post jv's, etc. More than just warranty, and not getting compensated enough. I guess it depends on the size of the dealership as well. Like I said before I am moving to another dealership that is considerably smaller as well. Thanks for everyone's input on this subject.
caaron

warranty admin pay

Postby texaslp » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:05 pm

Warranty pay(as with other positions) is all over the place and many, many factors have to be considered-no two jobs are exactly alike. It's unrealistic for anyone to say if you're over/underpaid unless they are in your town and your dealership and in your position.
texaslp

warranty admin pay

Postby robc » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:25 am

I agree it is tough to judge from place to place ... here in NJ a quality WA can be twice +++ what Vickie makes. It is hard to find anyone even to be a porter for under $15/hour. But I routinely find rural areas paying in the sub-$15/hour range.

It also depends on franchise too -- even between a Chrysler/Dodge store and a Jeep store.

robc

warranty admin pay

Postby Old Irish » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:43 am

Yes, many factors come into play, not the least of which is the service dept's profitability and budget.

Here in the Pacific Northwest $3000/month seems to be the going rate for a decent WA. A real pro will earn $3500/month.

Cheers
DD
Old Irish

Next

Return to Warranty Administrators