warranty admin pay

warranty admin pay

Postby GMFXDOPSMGR » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:14 am

Here in North FLorida, we are a multi line GM store. My previous warranty administrator averaged 3500 / month with the job assignments you mentioned. Did not have to cashier unless the office was very short handed. We had to let him go because of an attitude problem with the techs and management. Currently have not replaced him.
Trying to process thru my Service Manager & myself. Looks like we will have to hire before long.
Good administrators are worth more than dealers want to admit. They help collet a lot of $$$'s.
GMFXDOPSMGR

warranty admin pay

Postby Old Irish » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am

"Good administrators are worth more than dealers want to admit"

Boy howdy.

We lost our warrany admin who had been there for years. DP and GM talked me into using an outside company...which cost us more money per month than we had been paying the guy who left.

(Very)Long story short, after 10 months the warranty schedules are a mess and we'll have lots of write-offs.

The outside company really wasn't bad but at our volume (350 warranty tickets/month) they simply can't control things like a full charge, on-site person can.

Needless to say we hired another on-site warranty admin.

Cheers
DD
Old Irish

warranty admin pay

Postby svrmrg » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:31 pm

Wow, $3500 a month for a warranty administrator. I think I am going to ask for a raise, I am the service manager, shop foreman, back up service advisor, warranty administrator, back up cashier, clean up foreman, and new car check in, and last year I did 4,166 a month. Did I mention I just had to listen to load of $&%@ because my last memo had an acceptance rate of just 85%.
svrmrg

warranty admin pay

Postby GoAutoPros » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:06 pm

What Is Fair in Everybody's mind to pay an Individual that keep your receievables current with no charge back and no write offs. That same individual can write service if needed, can help with cashier duties if needed, can answer telephones if needed. Makes sure the warranty schedules are keep clean on a weekly basis with a GREAT Attitude. Volumn has 8 advisors and 37 technicians to deal with about 800 claims a month and 140K in dollor volumn on a monthly basis. We are in Northern Colorado in a community of 150K very diverse community with a state college, high tech, business and farming, horses, and ust normal business. What is a Great Pay Plan for a Dealership that wants to pay a FAIR WAGE for the employee and the business??? Please advise all information si greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance for all of your input.

------------------
GoAutoPros.Com LLC
GoAutoPros

warranty admin pay

Postby pauline » Sat May 17, 2008 8:39 am

TO:GMFXDOPSMGR
If your still looking for a W/A for your GM store please feel free to email me. When I was laid off last year from my store, after three months, they decided they really did need me but would not hire me as an employee (cutting costs they say) so no benefits for me or overhead for them, but as an independant contractor. At first I was furious, but I love my job and the upside is I do it from home and have time to really concentrate on getting every dollar they are entitled to. The other upside is I can work for other dealerships. Remember there are 24 hrs in a day that I can work not just 8. My email address is prk2004@hotmail.com. I will be glad to help out.

AND TO: Old Irish
"Good administrators are worth more than dealers want to admit" I couldn't have said it any better!

[This message has been edited by pauline (edited 05-17-2008).]

pauline

warranty admin pay

Postby apeterson13 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:29 pm

i made $44 k last year at a dodge and vw store
apeterson13

warranty admin pay

Postby ICEMAN » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:50 am

Just FYI.... The WA has a trickle down effect on the parts department as well. Warranty parts need to be retained for 15 or 20 days after the claim has been paid. If claims are not getting paid, the parts can't be scrapped and bins fill up quickly. It becomes exponentially more time consuming (non productive time) to scrap warranty parts.
ICEMAN

warranty admin pay

Postby shadow98 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:19 pm

wow im sooooo underpaid...I am also a cradle to grave person...i ever write service on sat///i get a flat hourly rate no bonus or spiff on anything not even upsells at the service desk...im starting to think its cause im a female as much as i hate to use that....but with the dealerships in the state there in these days i guess i whould be lucky to have a job...any advice??? 7yr gm admin 15 years total the rest with nissan and kia.
shadow98

warranty admin pay

Postby franks283 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Don't know if it's the answer you wanna hear, but move on. I started in 1995 doing warranty, and I got $7 an hour. Now, hourly, I make $20, or commission, I have made $100 an hour. The key was that I moved...one year at a Dodge dealership, one year at a Chrysler/Jeep, 8 years at a Jeep/Suzuki, and now I do Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Kia. Everytime I moved, I made more coin. My wife is also in the warranty game, and the way she made more money was by moving too. Now she is even able to work from home and make full time money. Put out feelers. talk to factory reps, old service writers and service managers...they should be able to help. Best of luck
franks283

Previous

Return to Warranty Administrators