GM Warranty Admin Training?

Postby Lhansen » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:16 am

Check to see if your dealership participates in any dealer 20 grouds. If so, your dealer might be able to set you up with a counterpart at another (non-competing) dealership to help you work through any questions. If you are part of a dealer group, find someone within your own group to help mentor you. {erhaps your Zone contacts can help. Warranty can be a lot of fun, and there's always something to learn.
All the best,

Linda

------------------
Linda Graham Hansen
Auto Dealer Focus
www.autodealerfocus.com

Lhansen

Postby msheri » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Not bad for the first round. Were you looking for coding training? That is GM trainings weakness. A few things to make sure of: brake worksheets and the entry of the rotor runout format, obd code for failure code, the pcm programming codes, ac codes. On the rental/part pickup allowance, that differs depending on whether it is Cadillac or other GM make. Because Cad and Hummer have same day rental coverage, the part pickup allowance will pay on a one day rental claim. A little utilized claim type is the part return reimbursement claim. You should be getting the admin allowance, core charges, etc. every time you have a warranty part return request.
msheri

Postby CARDOCTOR » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Here is a list of GM training courses

vwc90.02w
vwc90.02h
vwmc0.01d

Don't know if the hands on is still out there.

New Global warranty is coming soon

vwgwm.a1w
vwgwm.b7w
vwgwm.c7w
vwgwm.s8d

these pertain to saturn because they were the test animals for the new global warranty

Per the other responses GM claims manual and the policy and procedures are the bibles along with bulletins

Watch for .3 sublet transport time
.2 admin times
and net amt parts handling allowances
Example n4180 instrument clusters $20 to account 680 parts cost of sales
r0760 radios and t5686 inst cluster special policy same thing

These get missed all the time
CARDOCTOR

Postby CARDOCTOR » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:29 pm

I forgot to mention the GM forums have some sharp service managers and warranty admin. A good resource for help
CARDOCTOR

Postby Richard » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:52 am

Is there a flow chart, or recommendations, ect, of exactly what has to be stored and how as far as GM warranty is concerned?

I know you have to store the Job Ticket, and any sublet invoices, as well as a final invoice, but does anyone do anything special with the warranty info (the former warranty admin cut them into strips and taped them to a seperate copy of the RO and had a file of them.)?
Richard

Postby msheri » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:59 am

What you are referring to are probably the copies that are kept with the credit memo for reference. The information on records you need to keep in support of payment is all in the policies and procedures manual. The storage method will vary depending on whether you are on a paper, electronic, or hybrid DMS system.
msheri

Postby Rodney O'Neal » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Forgive me, but I can't imagin how any "ACTIVE" parts manager" would have the time to do any of the service dep't work. I bet that when core/cso/wpc returns, or R.I.M, or Counter work, or paperwork, or Parts Training, day to day task, or any think else has to be done in the parts department, the service manager does not step up and say. " Hey guy, you looked like you need help, I'll do that for you." ... Phew...

You are a better person than most.
I commend you!

Good luck, I have done that job before, not only will you have the GM on you back, but the SDM, DP, Account Manager, Office Manager and the SM. But atleast the PM (you) won't be on you too bad about unpaid claims.
Rodney O'Neal

Previous

Return to Warranty Administrators