Insite regarding salary

Insite regarding salary

Postby CCS » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:21 am

It was great reading all the information regarding everyones experience with pay. I am fairly new to the industry. I was hired as the WA 4 months ago. I was told upon hiring that I would get a review and pay increase after 90 days. I didn't have a clear understanding of what the average pay is. I enjoy my job and the industry however, I do not settle with being short changed. I average between 90-95%. I do not have a bonus program. I handle all rejects, labor ops, assist the service writers when needed, and various other tasks within the service department. I am being paid $10/hr. This seems extremely low from what I have read.
CCS

Insite regarding salary

Postby texaslp » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:06 pm

It's pretty much like the "value" of anything else. You're worth what someone is willing to pay.
texaslp

Insite regarding salary

Postby harleygrl » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:43 am

Depending on your market area, $10/hr. could be right on or low or high......

I would speak with your fixed operations director about a performanced based pay plan instead of hourly if you want to make more $$. Realize though this sometimes can mean maybe more hours than you are currently working. However, it allows for you to "be in charge" of how much you make based on your performace.
harleygrl

Insite regarding salary

Postby CCS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:43 pm

That is great information. I will research that option some more. Thank you
CCS

Insite regarding salary

Postby texaslp » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:03 pm

I doubt if performance based only would meet FLSA qualifications for a warranty admin.
texaslp

Insite regarding salary

Postby CCS » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:49 pm

I will look into the FLSA qualifications as well. I do respectfully disagree with the thought that someone is worth only what a specific company is willing to pay. There are unfortunately some companies who do have the understanding that some individuals will "settle" and accept what may be handed their way as maybe what they are "worth". However, based on econimic and industry standards and of course geographical location, with a little research an individual may gain a better understanding of their worth outside of a specific companies "worth standards". Thank you again for all of your insights. It has been very helpful.
CCS

Insite regarding salary

Postby texaslp » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:05 pm

What I said was what "someone" is willing to pay, meaning "anyone". If you're maxed out at what your current co is willing to pay and somebody else offers you more then you have that option to leave.

Pay can vary immensely depending on your town, your state, the size of your dealership,how much technology you have available to you, as well as how involved the service mgr is with warranty claims. There are many variables that affect warranty admin pay.
texaslp

Insite regarding salary

Postby CCS » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:27 pm

Yes, I agree this is true and those factors play a part in any profession. Thank you.
CCS

Insite regarding salary

Postby cantfind122 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:48 pm

Not to open a can of worms but conversations such as these are why unions exist.
cantfind122

Return to Warranty Administrators