My GM Rewards question

My GM Rewards question

Postby PartScott » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:49 pm

I have a customer that is asking whether or not he will earn points from placing an accessory order online through the e-commerce website and I have no idea. I was wondering if anybody on here has had experience with this in the past and whether anybody knows the answer.
PartScott

Re: My GM Rewards question

Postby last8please » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:59 pm

according to my ADI mgr.... they are 2 different programs and does not allow you to tie the two together.
last8please

Postby X476 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:55 pm

last8please wrote:according to my ADI mgr.... they are 2 different programs and does not allow you to tie the two together.

This what I was told also.
X476

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Purchases online do not count. The upload to GM, of the customer's e-mail, from invoices and repair orders is how points accumulate. (Other than onStar)
Denise Trimble

Postby PartScott » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:Purchases online do not count. The upload to GM, of the customer's e-mail, from invoices and repair orders is how points accumulate. (Other than onStar)

So, when you have a customer place an e-commerce order online...how do you handle the receiving of the part and the billing of the part? I understand that the customer doesn't pay us directly, but we do get paid (some) from the program.

Maybe we are doing it wrong as we haven't been on the e-commerce program very long. We have only had 4 orders and this is the first time that I have been asked about rewards points on an order. I was told that when the notification for the order comes in, we are to make a parts invoice for the order and turn it in to our business office. The part then arrives with an invoice and it is receipted into the system. Payment arrives to the business office and is offset by the invoice that we turned in. If the customer's information is on the invoice that gets generated when the notification shows up, would they not get points from that?
PartScott

Postby scott2112 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:24 pm

I quit the E-commerce program a couple of months ago. We were one of the first in our area to enroll. What a clusterf!ck!!! Had 5 orders in 7 months for a total of 130.00 in gross.
Wasn't worth the headache. Too many promotions and the amounts reimbursed us were always shorted. Wanna sell more accessories???? get more competitive with the pricing. GM isn't in the
game.
scott2112

Postby Zep33 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:32 am

PartScott wrote:
Denise Trimble wrote:Purchases online do not count. The upload to GM, of the customer's e-mail, from invoices and repair orders is how points accumulate. (Other than onStar)

So, when you have a customer place an e-commerce order online...how do you handle the receiving of the part and the billing of the part? I understand that the customer doesn't pay us directly, but we do get paid (some) from the program.

Maybe we are doing it wrong as we haven't been on the e-commerce program very long. We have only had 4 orders and this is the first time that I have been asked about rewards points on an order. I was told that when the notification for the order comes in, we are to make a parts invoice for the order and turn it in to our business office. The part then arrives with an invoice and it is receipted into the system. Payment arrives to the business office and is offset by the invoice that we turned in. If the customer's information is on the invoice that gets generated when the notification shows up, would they not get points from that?

According to GMs new procedures, they should. They wouldn't be able to tell it was an eCommerce order or not by the specific invoice. Whether their data extraction actually works is a whole other issue LOL
Zep33

Postby TheEd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:45 am

IIRC, at the very beginning of GM Rewards, parts invoices did count towards points, but that quickly got taken away.
TheEd

Postby Zep33 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:02 pm

They added it back last month

And we can redeem the rewards on parts invoices now - no RO required
Zep33

Postby LOKI1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:33 pm

another bad program
LOKI1

Next

Return to Parts Managers