Tekion DMS Review

Tekion DMS Review

Postby imacdude » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:41 pm

We will be reviewing the Tekion DMS throughout this year.

One of the many reasons that we are still on CDK is that they are the only DMS that handles TRUE-Multi-Company, and multi-tiered accounting, including shared customer, vehicle, history, files. Perfect? No, but others just can't do it.

Are there any of the Forum Members on Tekion that could speak to whether they can handle multiple, multi-company environments? AR? AP? etc.. We have 10 accounting markets, 90 stores, and 25 collision centers.

Any help would be appreciated.
John Belen
Applications Manager
Asbury Automotive Group

The views and opinions expressed in my posts, are my own and have not been reviewed or approved by my employer, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of my employer.
imacdude

Re: Tekion DMS Review

Postby Parts007 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:08 pm

Bump - Anyone here using Tekion. This is the DMS that GM is trying to push on everyone.
Parts007

Postby bentwrench54 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:03 pm

Parts007 wrote:Bump - Anyone here using Tekion. This is the DMS that GM is trying to push on everyone.

I wonder how that's going to go over...... My dealer group just switched to CDK three years ago, and they've got something like 27 stores now..
bentwrench54

Postby gmpartsguy147 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:54 pm

The group I am on is on it all the GM stores moved first and recently the Chrysler and ford stores were added. As far as I heard we were the first ford store on their system and our Mazda store may switch in July as they aren't set up for that yet. All I can say from experience don't do it as it seriously slows down the system and there are a lot of kinks to be worked out. I will say they are faster than any other DMS I have seen to implement feature changes and updates though probably needs another year or two to become a good DMS
gmpartsguy147

Postby havewehitbottomyet » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:21 pm

We have been on Tekion for a year now. I have been at this a long time and have been on several DMS's and Tekion is by far the worst. They can't handle one dealer so I don't think you'll have any luck with them doing a group. As stated in a previous post they are a little quicker to respond but our experience has been when they go to fix one problem they create two others. I could list dozens of valid problems with this debacle but I'll just share a couple of recent ones. We went to matrix pricing back in February and it's still not working correctly. When you sell to a wholesale shop it shows the real list price instead of the matrix list price. Body shop RO's aren't pricing correctly causing all kind of problems. They had a working dirty core report, did one of their "enhancements" and now it's not working so you can't track dirty cores. That's been going on for over a month. I've had a Tekion employee remove a bumper fascia off a body shop RO with no rhyme or reason. Trying to account for 687 discounts on PO's is way way more work then on any DMS I've been on. It will probably be several years before this thing is ok. Good luck to you and watch out for their 1000 foot view as there is a reason it's a 1000 feet. The up close view isn't so great.
havewehitbottomyet

Postby Jaybee » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:10 pm

I have always put an over-ride in to show "Book Retail" on wholesale invoices. That is the price they are generally reimbused on. I am puzzled as to why you would want your matrix price showing as list on a wholesale invoice.
Jaybee

Postby gmpartsguy147 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:55 pm

havewehitbottomyet wrote:We have been on Tekion for a year now. I have been at this a long time and have been on several DMS's and Tekion is by far the worst. They can't handle one dealer so I don't think you'll have any luck with them doing a group. As stated in a previous post they are a little quicker to respond but our experience has been when they go to fix one problem they create two others. I could list dozens of valid problems with this debacle but I'll just share a couple of recent ones. We went to matrix pricing back in February and it's still not working correctly. When you sell to a wholesale shop it shows the real list price instead of the matrix list price. Body shop RO's aren't pricing correctly causing all kind of problems. They had a working dirty core report, did one of their "enhancements" and now it's not working so you can't track dirty cores. That's been going on for over a month. I've had a Tekion employee remove a bumper fascia off a body shop RO with no rhyme or reason. Trying to account for 687 discounts on PO's is way way more work then on any DMS I've been on. It will probably be several years before this thing is ok. Good luck to you and watch out for their 1000 foot view as there is a reason it's a 1000 feet. The up close view isn't so great.
+

I have to agree with the core process as since their mistake I am showing a deprecation of over $100k in my core inventory as cores were getting automatically credited to the customer when billed though never put back into inventory and whenever I manually added them in they went to a negative core value as high as 38k on just 1 core. Once they fixed that issue I still showed a core depreciation. Also for a while any part quoted with a core was showing as a dirty core in inventory and the WIP for counter sales was still showing as WIP even if done and paid for days ago. The best part is when a writer deletes a line with parts on it all parts go back into your inventory and can also be removed by simply changing a labor op
gmpartsguy147

Postby havewehitbottomyet » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:08 pm

Jaybee wrote:I have always put an over-ride in to show "Book Retail" on wholesale invoices. That is the price they are generally reimbused on. I am puzzled as to why you would want your matrix price showing as list on a wholesale invoice.

Mechanical wholesale. We quote matrix and give them a discount off matrix.
havewehitbottomyet

Postby havewehitbottomyet » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:26 pm

gmpartsguy147 wrote:
havewehitbottomyet wrote:We have been on Tekion for a year now. I have been at this a long time and have been on several DMS's and Tekion is by far the worst. They can't handle one dealer so I don't think you'll have any luck with them doing a group. As stated in a previous post they are a little quicker to respond but our experience has been when they go to fix one problem they create two others. I could list dozens of valid problems with this debacle but I'll just share a couple of recent ones. We went to matrix pricing back in February and it's still not working correctly. When you sell to a wholesale shop it shows the real list price instead of the matrix list price. Body shop RO's aren't pricing correctly causing all kind of problems. They had a working dirty core report, did one of their "enhancements" and now it's not working so you can't track dirty cores. That's been going on for over a month. I've had a Tekion employee remove a bumper fascia off a body shop RO with no rhyme or reason. Trying to account for 687 discounts on PO's is way way more work then on any DMS I've been on. It will probably be several years before this thing is ok. Good luck to you and watch out for their 1000 foot view as there is a reason it's a 1000 feet. The up close view isn't so great.
+

I have to agree with the core process as since their mistake I am showing a deprecation of over $100k in my core inventory as cores were getting automatically credited to the customer when billed though never put back into inventory and whenever I manually added them in they went to a negative core value as high as 38k on just 1 core. Once they fixed that issue I still showed a core depreciation. Also for a while any part quoted with a core was showing as a dirty core in inventory and the WIP for counter sales was still showing as WIP even if done and paid for days ago. The best part is when a writer deletes a line with parts on it all parts go back into your inventory and can also be removed by simply changing a labor op

Have you found a decent way to run an obsolescence report? I got two different answers from two different people and both ways suck.
havewehitbottomyet

Postby imacdude » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:33 pm

During a demo that we had recently, I was kind of surprised. We looked at an "Aging" report that showed the 0-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, and OVER 12 buckets.

We have that report now, in all of our stores, but in our GM stores, we add an extra 13-15 bucket, because of their RIM returns.

GM doesn't seem to obsolete parts until 15 months.
How are the GM stores on Tekion managing this type of report? I would be interested to know.

I am still working on understanding some of the processes, to make a truly educated assessment.
John Belen
Applications Manager
Asbury Automotive Group

The views and opinions expressed in my posts, are my own and have not been reviewed or approved by my employer, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of my employer.
imacdude

Next

Return to Parts Managers