GM's PASE Chemical "Buckets"

GM's PASE Chemical "Buckets"

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:25 am

I would like to know how many GM parts manager's here completely understand the PASE 'bucket' system?

Furthermore, how many of you know what your PASE bucket dollar balances are?

Have you, or are you, receiving PASE penalties for insufficient purchases of engine oils, ATF, chemical categories, etc.?
Ichabod Farquar

Re: GM's PASE Chemical "Buckets"

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:14 pm

Well I guess, silence means I must be alone in this.

Interesting.
Ichabod Farquar

Postby camaroman » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:02 pm

Have not had any issues with my Loyalty program or any of the other numbers. That being said, I do not totally understand all of the PASE games.
camaroman

Postby bsnyder723 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:12 pm

I'm PASE compliant, although I'm not sure what you mean by "Buckets"?
bsnyder723

Postby yosvany » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:39 pm

I understand it, best thing you can do is get with the person at GM that is authorized to do a chemical snapshot of your dealer and adjust it and then make sure you always buy your chemicals from GM after that is done.
this is something that can only be 2 times per dealer
yosvany

Postby drapp » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:06 pm

I also believe I have "somewhat" of an understanding of the "bucket" system they are using. That said there are definite issues with their system. We purchase ALL of our oil from GM and have done so for 30 years. We had GM perform a snapshot and correct inventories a couple years ago. A couple weeks ago I asked for - and finally - received a listing of bucket contents (in dollars). Our oil inventory has ballooned to an unimaginable dollar amount. However, our ATF has disappeared - now below zero.

At the time of our snapshot PASE showed $146,747.20 in our inventory of engine oil. Wrap your head around that number for a minute, then divide that by the cost per gallon and you tell me - Can you store that many gallons of engine oil on site?
drapp

Return to Parts Managers