Ecommerce

Ecommerce

Postby PartsDanager » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:32 pm

I've gotten a fairly large push from the DM to enroll in the 'all parts' version of ecommerce rather than just accessories.

Is anyone currently using this feature, and how has it worked for you?

I found accessory profit to be negligible even with the increased volume as the fees and returns hit pretty hard. I know its changing, but reconciliation was a bear until we got it nailed down.

It seems like with the expansion to all parts we can either A) price ourselves out of market or B) get involved in a price war a la wholesale.

maybe its all worth it in retention value?
PartsDanager

Re: Ecommerce

Postby PartsPlant81 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 pm

If you already do it for accessories; there is really no reason not to do all parts since you don't have to pay anything more to be on it.

We are on it for all parts and the only thing I have sold besides accessories is literally 1 gas cap and we have been on it since day one :lol:
PartsPlant81

Postby PartsDanager » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:08 pm

I think GM is helping expand the aftermarkets ability to quickly have product and outprice us.
The actual choice I'm looking at is between going all in or alternatively pulling all out.

Also I don't know what Plant 81 is but if has better logistics than 075 I'd like to make the switch.
PartsDanager

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:17 pm

There was this: " Participation is completely voluntary. There is a GM eStore cost of $179 per month, which includes both accessories and parts, and this cost is Sales iMR turnkey eligible. If you are already an accessories ecommerce dealer, there is no additional monthly charge. Additionally, there is a 7% marketing cost on all parts and accessories sales and a 5% technology cost for all Ship-to-Home parts sales made via the GM branded websites." ....in the Jan. 24,2022 publication on GlobalConnect.
We do the accessories only. The new video, which came out this week, hits hard on the benefits of the foot traffic you get when people come to pick up their online order, but may be beating the undertone drum of not enough dealers are taking the bait.
Denise Trimble

Postby C8RFAN » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:50 pm

We just do accessories which works fair enough...We do 4-5 accessory ecomm's a week

I'm not 100% sold on the parts, it seems like with the fees and possible core trouble may not be the worth it (for us)
C8RFAN

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:55 pm

Ok this is what aggravates most parts people at dealerships with this non sense . Lets take a cargo mat for a Cadillac MSRP 205.00 Cost 153.75 ..... GM normal accessories discount they push out to customers is about 10% off that's 20.50 , then the 7% that's about another 14.35 then the 5% that's about another 10.25 so total your selling it for 159.90 your making 6.60 on a mat ......................... why would anyone be jumping up and down with excitement for this :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
PartsOnBackorder

Postby PartScott » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:40 pm

PartsOnBackorder wrote:Ok this is what aggravates most parts people at dealerships with this non sense . Lets take a cargo mat for a Cadillac MSRP 205.00 Cost 153.75 ..... GM normal accessories discount they push out to customers is about 10% off that's 20.50 , then the 7% that's about another 14.35 then the 5% that's about another 10.25 so total your selling it for 159.90 your making 6.60 on a mat ......................... why would anyone be jumping up and down with excitement for this :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

To be fair, they do reimburse whatever coupon/discount that gets used.
PartScott

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:43 pm

I know about the 7% FEE that GM gets but when did this 5% technology charge come in to play for parts shipped directly to customer? What is a TECNOLGY CHARGE anyway?
We are thinking real hard about staying on this program. Through the first 8 months we are barely breaking even. With the $179 per month and the 7% and 5% the net is shrinking pretty fast. Everything is an LPO and what customers want to buy is either backordered (with no ETA) or Red listed …….which means they have the parts but GM won’t let the ADI sell them because they need them for LPO’s. So if you already bought your new vehicle …….. go pound sand…. because we need to have hundreds of these in stock just in case we need them for an LPO. Brilliant!! We have had one request for a parts ecomm and that person wanted to bring it back because it was wrong and it was naturally our fault. When your sandwiched between some big wholesale dealers its hard to compete.
The only reason to be on it is you don’t want that guy who just bought a new 22 Yukon to go to your competitor to pick up his ecomm accessories. That doesn’t look good……………
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:10 pm

Accessories only: We went from doing 8-12 per month to 16 this entire year. Mainly because other area dealers recently came on board. We were the only ones for the first year, or so, of the e-comm program.
Denise Trimble

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:44 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:Accessories only: We went from doing 8-12 per month to 16 this entire year. Mainly because other area dealers recently came on board. We were the only ones for the first year, or so, of the e-comm program.

Same here.........when we were the only ones it was easy to cover their $179 monthly fee. Now that everyone is on it its hard to pay the $179. HMMMM that means GM is collecting how many more monthly fees?????? Pretty good scam for them.
CHUCKINPARTS

Next

Return to Parts Managers