Ev Batteries

Ev Batteries

Postby stevejm71 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:03 pm

This question is for the GM Dealers out there that have done an EV battery replacement under warranty. What was the markup you received for the battery?

Thanks!
stevejm71

Re: Ev Batteries

Postby greenthumb-38 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:47 pm

I am thinking it was $500, IIRC ???
greenthumb-38

Postby joecool17 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:13 pm

You will not receive a "markup". Just A $500.00 handling fee. You may be able to claim an additional few fees such as a $20.00 net item and $530.00 forklift fee. Check the bulletin and have your warranty clerk submit for whatever you can. In my opinion, this is GM's way out of giving any markup. I checked pricing of a complete battery for a few Chevy volts recently. They were from the 2012-13 era and dealer cost pending weather you paid via check or card was anywhere from $17k to $20k. I only marked up 40% to the customer and guess what. No sale as the vehicle's worth was not even close to what the part even cost. Our Service Manager even asked if I could send the old batteries back as cores because the vehicles were on their way to the junkyard :shock: . She was trying to save them money on the reinstallation of the old battery, as the Tech needed to disassemble to diagnose properly. She even asked if I could dispose of it :lol: . For someone who's worked in the business for 20+ years, you'd figure they would understand how core processes work. I know she's trying to look out for the customer and keep her CSI score up, but in the end we have to make money too. Once again, these handling fees are their way out of paying any kind of parts markup to the dealer. I'm sure it'd be huge considering what these batteries truly cost! :D
joecool17

Postby Lutom » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:15 pm

joecool17 wrote:Once again, these handling fees are their way out of paying any kind of parts markup to the dealer. I'm sure it'd be huge considering what these batteries truly cost! :D

Knowing how GM has treated us in the past if they were paying markup instead of a flat, those prices would drop like a box of bricks.

Case in point:
12643517 Belt
Before recall was issued: $38.42
After recall (and PNC) was issued: $3.03
Lutom

Postby Zep33 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:59 pm

Lutom wrote:
joecool17 wrote:Once again, these handling fees are their way out of paying any kind of parts markup to the dealer. I'm sure it'd be huge considering what these batteries truly cost! :D

Knowing how GM has treated us in the past if they were paying markup instead of a flat, those prices would drop like a box of bricks.

Case in point:
12643517 Belt
Before recall was issued: $38.42
After recall (and PNC) was issued: $3.03

So glad Toyota doesn't pull that shit
Zep33

Postby Stevenspeaking » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:17 pm

We get full markup on the no charge parts.

There may be franchise protection laws put in place by your state. Here in Massachusetts there are.
malegislature DOT gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXV/Chapter93B/Section9

"(iv) If a manufacturer or distributor furnishes a part or component to a dealer, at no cost, to use in performing repairs under a recall, campaign service action or warranty repair, the manufacturer or distributor shall compensate the dealer for the part or component in the same manner as warranty parts compensation under this section by compensating the dealer the average markup on the cost for the part or component as listed in the manufacturer's or distributor's price schedule less the cost for the part or component."

"(vi) A manufacturer or distributor shall not establish or implement a special part or component number for parts used in predelivery, dealer preparation, warranty, extended warranty, certified preowned warranty, recall, campaign service, authorized goodwill or maintenance-only applications if it results in lower compensation to the dealer than as calculated in this subsection."
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Postby PartsDanager » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:45 pm

Wow that's some good info. So in my case I'd have to check to see what our laws are (if any) and then what? Call GM out, file a complaint with the AG? I get the feeling GM works to be compliant to all the states, whether in good faith or as a matter of finding a loophole in the verbiage?

I know with regular warranty parts that are also available over the counter that we were able to petition the state for CP prices. These PNs aren't on the price book, so I have no CP leg to stand on.
PartsDanager

Postby Stevenspeaking » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:00 pm

Not sure how GM would process a request of this type. Mopar has a warranty administrator at the northeast business center that we contact for these situations.
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Postby understatedone » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:26 pm

stevejm71 wrote:This question is for the GM Dealers out there that have done an EV battery replacement under warranty. What was the markup you received for the battery?

Thanks!

Nope we will get screwed, we have hummer battery packs that cost somewhere north of $30k and we will get $500 yay don't know how that works or is legal though
understatedone

Postby mdishong » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:08 pm

SEE 19-NA-214 & 19-NA-242
mdishong

Next

Return to Parts Managers