ADP WebSuite 2007

ADP WebSuite 2007

Postby drapp » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:29 pm

Anybody load and using WebSuite 2007 yet?

We have it and I have begun preparing for the software load. Looks like a mountain of documents came with it and the load looks like it will take 10+ hours (including new OS for the server).

If you have it, what if any pitfalls should I look for?

ADP claims 2007 will fix many speed issues 2006 has. They have suggested it will even fix the Snap-On Proquest catalog interface speed issue.

Just looking for info..

Thanks

[This message has been edited by drapp (edited 02-14-2008).]

drapp

ADP WebSuite 2007

Postby gmcgrew » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:41 am

I haven't switched yet but I would love to hear if it fixes the interface issue. Please post if and when you download if it fixes the interface.
gmcgrew

ADP WebSuite 2007

Postby drapp » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Scheduled load of WebSuite 2007 is set for Feb 24. Snap On "upgrade" of catalog will be down the road a while yet - waiting in line.

I'll keep you posted...

Mean time if someone else gets it done first let us know.
drapp

ADP WebSuite 2007

Postby jazdale » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:10 pm

I've been using 2007 since Nada 07. It is quicker. GUI screens do not have as much of a speed penalty as the previous releases.

The reporting is much nicer with most reports taking on the excel-like formatting function. Learn how to use it, its very powerful.

Service should absolutely love it. The appt calendar loads fast and the new SDL function is a home run for any writer that takes appts, writes, books, and dispatches.

jazdale

ADP WebSuite 2007

Postby 69mach1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:22 am

Drapp,
before you turn this on have ADP give you a list of every program that is installed and turned on in your current system and then compare the two after install
69mach1

ADP WebSuite 2007

Postby drapp » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:39 pm

69mach1

Your post would suggest past experience, anything specific you would wish to share?
drapp

ADP WebSuite 2007

Postby jazdale » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:12 pm

I must admit, requesting a list of all your software for comparison sounds like a one-off situation from the past. This release should not have that kind of impact.

To be totally safe, run a full-save just before you do the load.
jazdale

ADP WebSuite 2007

Postby 69mach1 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:57 pm

Wow where do i start,
it seems after we installed 07 version there was problem after problem, most was programs not installed back such as RIM, we had ghost parts show up, you would make a quote have "zero" on hand roll the quote and it would invoce the part out, same as making a quote with a "zero" on hand sometime during the conversation the customer declined order instead of filing you F4 to cancell it would actually put the part on hand what a mess ADP claims they have patches for these above problem but when they loaded websuite they where not there, not just parts side had same type of problems all the way around.
just as i said have them run a very very thorough checklist as i am still trying to figure how my inventory grew overnite
69mach1

ADP WebSuite 2007

Postby drapp » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Upgraded to WebSuite 2007 last weekend. Been kinda busy with that but here are a couple of things.

First off - and a VERY pleasant surprise - the Proquest / Snap-On legacy catalog interface still works perfectly. This is the blue screen that is accessed by pressing "F1". We have been very pleased that this function stayed. Yes parts can still be tagged and "rolled" into a repair order or invoice. Speed of the interface just like it was on WebSuite 2000 - press "F1" and it's there.

Slave printer. I have a slave printer on my PC and it doesn't act like it used to. Still working with ADP on this one. If anyone has fixed the issue with printing the contents of an ADP screen to an impact slave printer (ADP 320T) after going to WebSuite 2007 - I SURE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

New screens are a big complaint around the store, no one likes change. However, ADP included an option to "go back" to the Elite screens. Most of us have switched back - for now.

Reflections and green screens still operate normally.

As with any major software upgrade, along with a server operating system upgrade there have been problems. We chose to load all the software ourselves. I have stated many frustrations on this forum about ADP in the past. Here I will say something positive. The representative I dealt with at the ADP load center was absolutely fantastic. I will not mention her name but she was a big asset throughout the load process.

So for Matt Parson's benefit I will say it again - the one lady I spoke with and exchanged MANY emails with at the load center was great.

But just to be clear - and so Mr. Parsons doesn't feel too good. ADP's support phone system still has to be the worst single product EVER put into service by a major company.

Load center lady still great - different telephone number to reach her.
drapp

Return to Parts Managers