ADP Invoice Prompts

ADP Invoice Prompts

Postby Ironchild » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Question......we just upgraded from Websuite 2005 to Websuite 2007 (yeah I know.....went from old to still old). Noticed that now when we are in the invoicing screen and when we have a quote made up and type INV to change it into an invoice, the prompt cursor jumps to the "Ship Via" then "PO" blanks. We just enter passed those to get to the menu back at the bottom to then print the invoice. Pre-upgrade it had never done that. I've been thumbing through the manual trying to find the set ups for the prompts to turn them off but can't seem to find anything. Is this how it is with no option for changing it or am I missing the boat? It's adding extra keystrokes to the process which I'd like to get rid of if possible. Thanks!
Ironchild

Re: ADP Invoice Prompts

Postby aksales » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Ironchild,
What application are you talking about is this (I) Parts or (RO) Service or a different one?
aksales

Postby Ironchild » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:19 pm

In the Motor-I account (Parts). When in the invoicing screen to make up a parts invoice.
Ironchild

Postby aksales » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:47 pm

I just verified with our parts department that the same thing happens, prompt goes to VIA then PO, then your line at the bottom to INV. We are on DRIVE 1.0 and I am guessing that is how it is now. I will get with our parts manager in the morning see if he knows anything about it and maybe open a service connect case to ask.
aksales

Postby aksales » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Yea looks like you cannot change the order of the fields. Gotta love it. I suggest you open a case for an enhancement and let me know after you done, I will get our dealership on the list two, the more they hear about it the closer we get to making the system usable.
aksales

Postby Ironchild » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:59 pm

Case submitted to ADP 2 days ago.....no response, no update..........it's Miller Time!
Ironchild

Postby Ironchild » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Finally a response last night from ADP.....only took 4+ days for them to get back to me. Long story short is that yeah it's a glitch. They said they will put in an "Enhancement Request" for the issue. I replied saying it really does not need to be enhanced, just fixed. They said that because of the "age" of the version of Websuite, it will probably not be "enhanced". Oh well......I tried.
Ironchild

Return to ADP Users Forum